Sunday 29 April 2018

Project: 3 takes on a sketch challenge



Claire found this amazing sketch challenge this week and we we had a little Skype playdate to play with it. She just gifted me a full set of new stamps and some mini stamp and embossing folders sets and it was a perfect challenge to play with them. The sketch is from CAS Colours and Sketches


The headline card features this amazing Stamping Bella Rosie and Bernie stamp. I used an aqua brush and Distress Inks to color it and I love the watercolour effect. I used a Wink of Stella shimmer on the unicorn horn but it doesn't really come out in the picture. The grey paper is form the stash - I've sort of lost count of where papers came from which is a shame! - and the sentiment was from Claire earlier this year. Such a fun first play with that set.

 

Now for some texture! The palm leaf embossing folder was a mini set with the flamingo stamp. The folder was a bit more aggressive than I thought it would be but the impression is really crisp. The stamp was colored with ProMarkers and embellished with a little tag and some great little Recollections flowers. 


And finally I decided to play with some texture paste and die it using Distress Inks. I used a stencil to create the little arcs and decided to go for a color match using a yellow foam circle lurking on my desk. The wishes die was cut using a scrap which I layered over white paper. I think I'll add a 'best' or something above it but I haven't decided yet - so it's nearly done but I'll finish it when I decide what to use it for. 

So there we have it - three takes on a lovely little sketch!


3 comments:

  1. That sketch was seriously dope. I LOVE all 3 of these, but I think the Flamingo one is my personal fave. That embossed background works so well, with the flowers and the stamp, very tropical. The texture paste looks lovely - did you blend over it? The hero card is awesome, those stamps are fantastic. Great playdate man. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I love that sketch and I love the cards that you have made. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun to see how many different ways one sketch can be used? You've shown it off nicely here with your trio of cards. Thanks for sharing them with us at CC&S! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated