Saturday 9 September 2017

Project 437: A classy birthday sketch and color combo



I have so many friends with September birthdays that I am always making very individual cards in the first week of the month. I don't normally do challenges for special friend birthdays but this week everything came together really well, with the colors from Color Throwdown and the Freshly Made Sketches design providing layout:


I decided to use an X-Cut die set champagne glass, cut out in white and layered over a stitched red circle. The sentiment is from Creative Stamping magazine, I think maybe the June or July issue. The border is punched using a really old American Crafts punch from their Knock Outs series. The red plastic gems are from Poundland, they were a great find in the kids' section.

Really happy with how it came together, I think my friend will love it next week!

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome, I love the sentiment and that glass, where have you been keeping that little gem!! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun use of the sketch and colors! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! The patterns and colors are gorgeous and that glass is so cool! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated