Monday 27 February 2017

Project 401: Stamped background challenge


I saw the challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch and it reminded me of something I used to do a few years ago, repeating a stamped pattern and then raising the layers so the pattern bled from one panel to the next. I decided to give it a go when Claire and I had a playdate this weekend.


I used the Flower Patch stamp set from Stampin' Up as they have great little details and layers. I chose greens and yellow and did the design on water color. After stamping I went over the image with an aqua brush to blend the colors and create a bit more dimension. I left space in the middle for a sentiment and then die cut the oval out. I raised it on thick foam against a yellow card so you might see a peak of the background from the side.

It has a slightly retro feel that I like, and it's a technique that I like and hope to revisit again soon.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't see this as well via Skype yesterday, I love it, the flowers are gorgeous. You and Yellow are a thing. Officially. We will have to try and do this technique again. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, it's always appreciated